AutoCamp is a new type of outdoor lodging experience that's unlike any other. Featuring modern and luxurious Airstream accommodations at our unique properties in California and Massachusetts, AutoCamp is inspired by the wanderlust of camping and the great American road trip.
AutoCamp is not only luxury camping, but a great way to experience environmentally-sustainable, small-space design.Read More
Don’t tell the other seasons, but fall in Yosemite National Park is our favorite. With changing leaves, smaller crowds, and the crisp hiking air, Yosemite really comes alive in the autumn. Here is a list of some of our favorite activities in and around Yosemite National Park in the fall. Please note, Yosemite National […]Read More
Equality Vines Just down the road, take a bike and enjoy some vino! 16215 Main St, Guerneville, CA 95446 Open for wine tastings. Korbel Champagne Cellars Enjoy a free walking tour and tasting of renowned Korbel Champagne. 13250 River Rd, Guerneville, CA 95446 Deli and winery and open and ready for visitors. Policies and […]Read More
The Russian River Valley may be known for its wine – and trust us, it’s for good reason – but there are also so many outdoor adventures, local’s favorite eateries, and other local attractions in the Russian River Valley that cannot be missed. Our team at AutoCamp Russian River put together their favorite local spots, […]Read More
Read more to learn about the history of the iconic Airstream and its creator, Wally Byam.
In 1929 Wally Byam built the first Airstream. In the early 1930s Wally began to incorporate aircraft-inspired design elements into his early travel trailers, and in 1937 he released the Airstream Clipper. An American icon was born. After a brief hiatus during WWII, Airstream returned in 1948 to booming demand in post-war America. Airstream became a symbol of mid-century design, freedom, and most of all adventure.
In 1951, Wally led a group of friends on a journey from Texas to Nicaragua. This was the first Airstream Caravan, a tradition that is still alive and well today. Today, thousands of Airstreams are still produced each year in the USA – and Wally’s spirit of adventure lives on.
“In the heart of these words is an entire life’s dream. To those of you who find in the promise of these words your promise, I bequeath this creed… my dream belongs to you.”
• To place the great wide world at your doorstep for you who yearn to travel with all the comforts of home.
• To provide a more satisfying, meaningful way of travel that offers complete travel independence, wherever and whenever you choose to go or stay.
• To keep alive and make real an enduring promise of high adventure and faraway lands… of rediscovering old places and new interests.
• To open a whole world of new experiences… a new dimension in enjoyment where travel adventure and good fellowship are your constant companions.
• To encourage clubs and rallies that provide an endless source of friendships, travel fun and personal expressions.
• To lead caravans wherever the four winds blow… over twinkling boulevards, across trackless deserts… to the traveled and untraveled corners of the earth.
• To play some part in promoting international goodwill and understanding among the peoples of the world through person-to-person contact.
• To refine and perfect our product by continuous travel-testing over the highways and byways of the world.
• To strive endlessly to stir the venturesome spirit that moves you to follow a rainbow to its end… and thus make your travel dreams come true.
We require a two-night minimum stay on most weekends.
Join our list to stay in the loop about promotions and be entered to win a free stay at AutoCamp.