Between the Blue Ridge Parkway, bustling craft beer and live music scene, and epic outdoors access, a trip to Asheville, North Carolina should be on everyone’s bucket list.
AutoCamp Asheville sits on 16 beautiful acres right along the French Broad River, within a 15-minute drive from historic downtown Asheville and less than an hour from Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Property highlights include:
- An all-season pool
- Access to the French Broad River
- Meeting spaces
- Clubhouse bar and lounge
- The AutoCamp Kitchen + General Store
- Accommodations types include: Airstreams, Bambi Airstreams (new!), Cabins, and BaseCamps
To help you make the most out of your trip, we’ve rounded up the ultimate Asheville itinerary. Here are some of our favorite not-to-miss local spots, eateries, and activities in Asheville.
- Explore the Blue Ridge Parkway: This massive road weaves 469 miles through Virginia and North Carolina with countless hikes, overlooks, and amazing views the whole way.
- Go for a hike: Some of our favorite hiking spots include Craggy Gardens, Mt. Mitchel, Skinny Dip Falls, Graveyard Fields and Upper Falls, Devil’s Courthouse, Looking Glass Falls in Pisgah National Forest, Catawba Falls, and DuPont National Forest.
- Rent kayaks or canoes and float down the French Broad River.
- Rent e-bikes from Asheville Adventure Co and ride through town or along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Take a day trip to Great Smoky Mountains National Park (just under an hour from AutoCamp).
- Explore the infamous Biltmore Estate.
There’s a reason why Asheville has been named No. 1 Food Destination in the U.S. and has been making waves for its innovative culinary scene for the past several years. Don’t miss some of our favorite spots:
- Table Asheville – new American with a Southern twist
- Rhubarb – Farm-to-table New American fare
- Chai Pani Asheville – Indian street food in a laid-back, funky space.
- Cúrate Bar de Tapas – Spanish tapas in a former 1927 bus depot
- La Bodega by Cúrate – Spanish restaurant, market and bakery
- Neng Jr – Award-winning Filipinx
- French Broad Chocolate Lounge
- Rowan Coffee
- Summit Coffee
- Sunshine Sammies
Asheville has quickly become known among discerning beer drinkers as one of the nation’s top destinations and exporters of esteemed, high-quality craft beers.
- Wicked Weed Brewing
- Highland Brewing
- Black Mountain Cider
Arts and Music
Bluegrass lovers rejoice. Asheville’s has a vibrant arts and live music scene.
- The Orange Peel
- Boiler Room
- Salvage Station
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
- Asheville Music Hall
- East Fork Ceramics
- Lexington Glassworks
- Diamond Brand Outdoor
- Mast General Store
Ready to hit the road to the ‘Land of the Sky’?