The Russian River Valley may be known for its wine – and trust us, it’s for good reason – but there are also so many outdoor adventures, local’s favorite eateries, and other local attractions in the Russian River Valley that cannot be missed.
Our team at AutoCamp Russian River put together their favorite local spots, all now open.
- Johnson’s Beach: Opening June 19th, this favorite beach is the perfect spot to float, canoe, and sunbathe. Reservations are required.
- Watertreks Ecotours: Your one-stop shop for kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding.
- Chanslor Ranch: Take a guided horseback ride at this Bodega Bay nature retreat.
- Northwood Golf Course: Play a round of golf (or two) right along the Russian River.
- Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve: A beautiful sanctuary of old growth and new growth redwoods, with miles of trails from easy to strenuous.
- Rubicon Adventures: Rent paddleboards to get out on the water, or try white-water rafting with friends.
- Sonoma Canopy Tours : Explore the treetops of Sonoma County by zip-lining through hundred-year-old redwoods
- Guerneville 5 & 10: Classic dime store for trinkets, souvenirs, and more.
- Sol Rio Yoga: Stretch out or sweat it out, with Hatha, Kundalini, and Iyengar yoga classes.
- King’s Sport & Tackle: All the outdoor gear you’ll ever need for your next adventure, plus rentals!
- Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary: Need a spa day? Head to Osmosis for their famous cedar bath, or book a facial.
- Russian River Wine Tasting: With 200 wineries to choose from, your wine tasting adventure starts here. Check the Wine Road website for up-to-date tasting room availability; some reservations required.
FOOD, WINE, AND COCKTAILS
- Big Bottom Market: The perfect spot for biscuits, breakfast, and other local bites. Try the Prosciutto and Fig sandwich or Curry Chicken salad.
- Betty Spaghetti (at R3 Hotel): Californian meets Italian at this bustling restaurant.
- The OxBow Restaurant: Just down the road from AutoCamp is a classic BBQ restaurant. Also great for brunch.
- El Barrio: Step into Oaxaca with fresh Mezcal cocktails and tasty Mexican bites
- Boon Eat + Drink: The freshest, most seasonal local cuisine you can find.
- River’s End Restaurant: Classic fine dining meets ocean views in Jenner. Ocean views + fine dining.
- Coffee Bazaar: The perfect pit stop for getting your caffeine fix. Also serves pastries and sandwiches.
- Stumptown Brewery: Local brewpub with several varieties of beer and bar grub.
- Bank Club Wine Collective: Hip tasting room specializing in small production wines from Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino Counties.
- Nimble & Finn’s Ice Cream: Artisanal ice cream handmade in small batches using the finest local produce and organic dairy.
- Rainbow Cattle Co.: LGBTQ-friendly saloon with shuffleboard and cheap drinks.
- BROT: Modern german concept serving delicious classics in a warm Bavarian atmosphere.
- Equality Vines: Delicious Russian River wines with a charitable side.