Wellness Resident Ellen Petersen
Healing through qigong and soundbathing
October 22-24, 2021
*Event for AutoCamp guests
We’re excited to welcome you to AutoCamp Cape Cod for a weekend of rejuvenation and healing. Ellen Petersen joins us as a wellness resident, bringing special relaxation opportunities to your retreat. Ellen’s impressive resume includes being a certified vibrational sound therapy practitioner, as well as a certified teacher of qigong healing. Get ready to immerse yourself in a variety of mindfulness activities that offer unforgettable moments of connecting with yourself, others, and the environment.
An overview of the weekend’s offerings:
Friday, October 22nd
- 4:00pm – Check-In // Your cozy, modern Airstream or suite awaits you for a restful weekend.
- 5:30pm – Gather at the Clubhouse // We’ll kick off the weekend with a welcome fireside discussion and happy hour with Ellen Petersen. Learn more about her background and practice, preview the weekend activities of qigong and sound bathing, and enjoy your favorite beverage by the fire in our first floor of the Clubhouse.
Saturday, October 23rd
- 8:00am – Yoga // Stretch your limbs and tune inward with yoga and mindfulness, led by our local friends from innerglow yoga. Join us on the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse!
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Some complimentary offerings will be available at the Clubhouse, such as coffee, tea, and granola, in addition to heartier options available for purchase at our Clubhouse Cafe and General Store.
- 10:30 am – Qigong Practice // Join the mid-morning session of qigong with Ellen. Join us on the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse or, weather permitting, out on the lawn enjoying the fresh air.
- 1:00-5:00pm – Sea State Pop-Up // Jenny and Partick Ross will be offering their fresh, local seafood – they sustainably raise their oysters themselves – and New England classics. Be sure to place your pre-order for pickup (link below in the FAQs), then enjoy from your favorite AutoCamp spot overlooking the bay.
- 5:00-6:00pm – Sound Bathing // Immerse yourself in your surroundings and become exposed to the healing power of sound guided by Ellen. Space is limited so make sure to arrive promptly. We will make all efforts to accommodate guests for this experience.
- 6:00-7:00pm – Dinner // Break for a nourishing meal. Prepared options will be available for purchase at the General Store, including BBQ Kits that can be cooked over your personal fire pit.
- 7:00-8:00pm – Fireside Chat // After nourishing yourself with great food, rejoin the group and share your experiences from the weekend. Bring a journal and your favorite beverage, and feel free to come prepared with questions for Ellen. Explore your experience of mindfulness with an inspiring discussion.
- 8:00-9:30pm – Music & Mingling // Let the sounds of live music be the backdrop to connecting with those around you, stay for as long as you’d like!
Sunday, October 24th
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Complimentary offerings will once again be available at the Clubhouse, as well as our items for purchase at our Clubhouse Cafe and General Store.
- 9:00am – Yoga // Enjoy a final stretch with our friends at innerglow, allowing yourself to seal in all the weekend’s restoration. Practice will be followed by meditation, and this restorative session will take place on the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse.
- 11:00am – Check-out // Say your goodbyes and choose your ideal Sunday afternoon, whether that means strolling to the beach, signing up for a guided bike tour, or heading home!
So, what’s next? Book your Airstream, fill out the activity interest form, pre-order your food options, and invite your friends! It’s going to be an unforgettable weekend, and we look forward to welcoming you to AutoCamp Cape Cod for a weekend of much needed relaxation and rejuvenation. See you this weekend!
Do I have to stay at AutoCamp to partake in the festivities?
- Yes, this is a private event to our AutoCamp guests who are staying on property during October 22-24.
Is this free to guests?
- Yes! The weekend’s activities are included in the AutoCamp amenity fee.
Do we have to sign up?
- Space in our Clubhouse is limited but we are not asking for formal sign ups right now. If events are very popular we may add a session to make sure everyone can participate.
- Please feel free to fill out this interest form so we can best estimate an accurate headcount!
How long are the sessions?
- We will keep both qigong and soundbating to one hour sessions.
Anything in particular that I should bring?
- We will provide yoga mats to all guests for qigong. For soundbathing please bring a woven blanket and pillow from your suite. Keep track of yours and return it to your accomodation when you’re finished!
I want to place my food order, how can I do that?
- First off, great decision. To order your Sea State lunch and appetizers: visit this page
Do I have to wear a mask indoors?
- Given the intimate nature of these healing sessions, as well as out AutoCamp guidelines, we ask that you please wear a mask when indoors.