EFFECTIVE May 25, 2018
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Safety equipment is available for all of our recreational offerings and we advise that everyone take advantage of our safety equipment. Please wear a helmet at all times when biking. Bicycles must be used in accordance with both City and State laws. Helmets are required for any riders under 18 years of age. When riding during darkness, a front light and rear light or reflector is required. AutoCamp does not provide lights, therefore we do not recommend riding after dark. By using the bicycles provided by AutoCamp, guest understands that the activity is hazardous and that he or she could be seriously injured or even killed. Guest agrees that he or she is voluntarily participating in the activity with knowledge of the danger involved, and guest agrees to assume any and all risks of bodily injury, death or property damage, whether those risks are known or unknown.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any recreational activity at AutoCamp, at any time during your stay/visit, you acknowledge, agree and represent that you understand the nature of the activity and that you are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. You further agree and warrant that if, at any time, you believe the conditions to be unsafe, you will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity.
YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by your own actions or inactions; the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity; the conditions in which the activity takes place; or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known or not readily foreseeable at this time; and you FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES you incur as a result of your participation, or that of the minor, in the activity.
HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the sanctioning organization(s), their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of Premises on which the Activity is conducted, (each of the foregoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT; you, or anyone on your behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
AutoCamp uses your personal information in order to fulfill our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest service experience. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality;
- guest stay information, including the AutoCamps where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and holiday preferences),
- your credit card details;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services);
- information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems; and
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g., travel agents or meeting and event planners).
Most of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or on our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Demographic and profile data is collected at our site, and we use this data in two main ways:
- First, we analyze visitor information in aggregate, which means that we collect information about thousands of site visits and analyze it as a whole. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyzing information about any individual visitor. Examples include researching which parts of the site are accessed most frequently or determining which products are most attractive to our users.
- Second, we may use specific information you provide to help us customize our communications with you and improve our service to you when you visit any AutoCamp property, to conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys and to direct marketing and sales promotions. For instance, if you inform us of a room or service preference, we will attempt to satisfy that request when you visit us in the future and may send you promotions relating to that preference.
We use third parties to build and manage these communication and preference systems, and our arrangements with these third parties prohibit them from disclosing your personal information.
Specifically, subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- provide and charge for the accommodation and other goods and services you purchase;
- provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
- administer a rewards program;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, direct marketing and sales promotions;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- correspond with you about your stay with us
- administer general record keeping; and
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We reveal Personally Identifiable Information about you to unaffiliated third parties if:
- you request or authorize it through our marketing platforms, reservation systems, or verbally;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.);or
Every e-mail communication from AutoCamp or its authorized agents, excepting reservation confirmations and the like, will contain clear and obvious instructions for how you can remove yourself from that mailing list (“Opt-out”).
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt-out, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
CHOICE OF USE OF PERSONAL DATA
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us, contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the Personal Information you have provided us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the Personal Information you have provided us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records and which will not be removed.
THIRD PARTY INTERNET SITES
Third party Internet sites available through advertising and other links on our site have separate privacy and data collection practices. If you click on a link found on our websites or on any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website. This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. In addition, we cannot ensure the content of the websites maintained by these third parties or our service providers, even if accessible using a link from our websites. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of any external sites before providing any personal information while accessing those sites.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit card information, during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Your data is kept in a highly secure environment protected from access by unauthorized parties. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your customer profile by ensuring that you logoff when you have finished visiting our site.
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons. Examples of the kinds of cookies we use on our site are below:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant you access to our webpage content and to enable more efficient use of our booking engine.
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our users.
- Third-party cookies: In keeping with our policies, these session or persistent cookies are set only by trusted partners of our site. For example, we currently use a web analytics service to help us understand usage patterns of our website. No personal data is stored and site usage is always analyzed on an aggregate (and anonymous) basis.
- By entering and using our site, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
“DO NOT TRACK” BROWSER SETTINGS
We do not use technology that responds to “Do Not Track” settings on your web browser.
USE OF REPORTING SERVICES
We may use independent reporting services to analyze traffic to our website. These reporting services do not create individual profiles for each visitor and do not maintain a database of individual profiles. These services only collect aggregate data, which is used solely for analytical purposes. This kind of study involves looking for trends among many visitors to our site, rather than analyzing information about any individual visitor.
We may employ a browser monitor within web pages on our site in order to determine your browser status and the client-side metrics relating to page loading. We constantly seek ways to improve page load times for our visitors and may ultimately use these metrics for such purposes. Any such browser monitor will only be active while the user is active on our site. For your protection, any such browser monitor will not require an executable (*.exe) application.
Like most Internet sites, we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our site. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Just as our business changes constantly, this Policy may also change. To assist you, this Policy has an effective date set out at the end of this document.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For California residents only. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other AutoCamp-related third parties for their use in marketing to you. Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. Please enter your email address below and click “Submit” to request a copy of our disclosure pursuant to California law.
We will provide the required information to your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK POLICY
This Copyright and Trademark Policy applies to the websites where AutoCamp offers its Services, including the website http://www.autocamp.com. This Policy also applies to all uses of our Services and our proprietary rights exhibited through our services.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OWNED BY US
You will respect our proprietary rights in the Website and our locations where we provide the Service (proprietary rights include, but aren’t limited to, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, copyrights, and other intellectual property).