Mindful Retreat at AutoCamp Cape Cod
A weekend of wellness to reset in the new year
January 21-23, 2022 // Event for AutoCamp guests
Embrace the fresh start of 2022 with a weekend full of mindfulness and rejuvenation. We’re excited to welcome back Libby DeLana, author and award-winning creative, to AutoCamp Cape Cod. Her first residency in November was sold out, and this time we’re taking wellness to a whole new level by joining forces with another amazing AutoCamp partner, Nicole Cormier, to focus on a new year reset. We invite you to join us for togetherness and connection, helping us all to set the tone for a new year full of positivity, health, and abundance. Libby will be hosting brisk morning walks in the wildlands surrounding AutoCamp Cape Cod, as well as discussions focused on gratitude and grounding. Nicole’s sessions will hone in on microbiome health and functional nutrition through intuitive heating and fermentation. We will also feature fresh, sustainable seafood from another AutoCamp partner, Cape Cod’s family-operated Sea State Foods. Don’t miss out on yoga and movement offerings from our friends at innerglow yoga – classes are designed for all levels, ages, and abilities! Start 2022 off right by focusing on your wellbeing and health, together with friends and community. Stay tuned for any additional weekend programming we may add to our exciting itinerary!
Let’s “meet” our wellness aficionados:
Libby DeLana- Author and award-winning creative, Libby inspires all to find gratitude through a simple, yet natural practice of walking. In her stunning book, Do Walk, Libby outlines her own journey of walking every day for the past 10 years. While at AutoCamp Cape Cod, Libby will be hosting and guiding guests on morning walks along various surrounding paths, such as the beautiful Shining Sea Bikeway. Her book will be available for purchase in our General Store, and there will be opportunities for book signings and in-depth discussions to explore themes and topics beyond the Do Walk pages.
Nicole Cormier, RD, LDN – As a registered dietitian, passionate local foodie, forager, author, and blogger (just to name a few titles!), Nicole offers a holistic approach to nutrition and mindful eating practices. Throughout the weekend, Nicole will be a resource for exploring and sourcing local ingredients that can be found in the wildlands around AutoCamp Cape Cod, along with hosting nutritional discussions and a special fermentation workshop. Her expertise and passion will equip you with the tools to imbue your daily routines with simple, yet beneficial healthy practices.
Here’s an overview of the weekend’s festivities:
Friday, Jan 21st:
- 4:00pm – Check-In // Your cozy, modern Airstream or suite awaits (& don’t forget to purchase your Do Walk book at the front desk!).
- 6:00pm – Gather at the Clubhouse // We’ll kick off the weekend with a welcome discussion and happy hour – bring your favorite beverage to enjoy! Libby will be available to sign copies of Do Walk, and together, Libby and Nicole will preview the exciting topics of the weekend! For convenience you may purchase a variety of non-alcoholic options from our General Store or, for any alcoholic beverages, check out our friends at West Falmouth Market and browse their excellent wine selection.
- 7:00pm – Music & Mingling // Let the sounds of live tunes from local musician Brian Sullivan be the backdrop to connecting with those around you. Stay for as long as you’d like!
Saturday, Jan 22nd:
- 6:00am – Early Bird Walk // Libby will guide morning warriors on a walk before sun-up; if you’re not an early riser, there will be other walks – we invite you to join in on as many as you’d like! (Insider tip: it’ll be dark – bring a headlamp or flashlight – and be sure to wear warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes.) RSVP for walk sessions on our experiences page.
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Some complimentary offerings will be available at the Clubhouse, such as coffee, tea, and granola, in addition to heartier options available for purchase at our Clubhouse Cafe and General Store.
- 9:00am – Yoga // Stretch your limbs and tune inward with yoga and mindfulness, led by our local friends from innerglow yoga. Join us on the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse! Sign up for yoga here.
- 10:00am – Late Morning Foraging Walk // Libby & Nicole will join forces to host a second walk for the day; soak up the scenes while learning about local ingredients that can be harvested right in AutoCamp Cape Cod’s backyard! Reserve your spot on our experiences page.
- 12:00pm – Grab a Bite // Preorder and pick up a locally sourced grazing lunchbox curated by Nicole! Boxes will include a soup, warm salad, and sweet bite! Please place your orders here.
- 1:00 – 2:30pm – Fermentation Workshop // Briget Bride, a local fermentation aficionado, will be hosting a hands-on workshop to help you introduce probiotics into your diet, as well provide you with the tools to create your own basic ferments at home. At the end of this exciting session, you’ll take away your very own ferment setup! You won’t want to miss this nutritional, educational offering focused on the gut microbiome! Reserve your workshop spot here.
- 4:00-6:00pm – Sea State Foods Pop-Up + Intention Setting // Jenny and Partick Ross will be offering up their fresh, local seafood-inspired menu offerings (vegetarian and vegan options also available). Sea State’s mission is to create a closer connection between our community and the seafood harvested from our local waters, and to close the gap between tide and table. Don’t miss their delicious meals – lobster rolls, cozy winter stew, warm soba bowl, and more! To accompany your nourishing meal, we’ll be providing intention-setting prompts and holding space to reflect on the weekend’s learnings. **Be sure to visit Sea State’s site to place your order before 8pm on Friday, January 21.
- 6:30-7:00pm – Fireside Chat // Gather by the communal fire pit and cozy up for a fruitful discussion with Libby and Nicole. Topics will focus on navigating mind, body, and earth through the gratitude practice of #ThisMorningWalk, and Nicole will dedicate time to some mindful breathing exercises.
- 7:00pm – Music & Mingling // Stick around the Clubhouse, bring your favorite drink, and let the sounds of live tunes from local Shannon Davis be the backdrop to connecting with those around you, stay for as long as you’d like!
Sunday, Jan 23rd:
- 6:00am – Early Bird Walk // Cap off the weekend with a final walk with Libby, and jumpstart your own personal practice of continuing to enjoy daily walks.
- 7:30-9:00am – Breakfast with Nicole // In addition to the offerings enjoyed on Saturday, Nicole is offering a special breakfast bar with a forged tea station. Close out the weekend feeling well nourished and sealing in some final reflections. Please pre-order your breakfast in advance.
- 9:00am – Mindful Eating Discussion & Foraging // Nicole will lead an immersive and educational discussion focused on the tools and practices that can be integrated into daily habits for a healthier microbiome and life. Learn more here.
- 11:00am – Check-out // Say your goodbyes and choose your ideal Sunday afternoon, whether that means strolling to the beach, signing up for a guided bike tour, or heading home!
So, what’s next? Book your Airstream, visit our experiences page to preview the activities and reserve your spot, pre-order your food options, and invite your friends! It’s going to be an unforgettable weekend, and we look forward to welcoming you to AutoCamp Cape Cod for a weekend of much needed relaxation and rejuvenation. See you soon!
Do I have to stay at AutoCamp to partake in the festivities?
- Yes, this is a private event to our AutoCamp guests who are staying on property during January 21st-23rd, 2022.
Is this free to guests? Do I need to sign up for the activities?
- Most of the weekend’s activities are included in the AutoCamp amenity fee; however, some workshops require advanced reservation and/or an extra cost. To view all programming and reserve + pay for your spot, please visit our experience page here.
How long are the walks?
- While the three morning walks are subject to change, each route will be about 2.5-3 miles roundtrip. All paths are directly accessible to AutoCamp Cape Cod via the Shining Sea Bike Path, and total walking time will be around 1-1.5 hours depending on the group pace and any stopping points. Prior to check-in, we’ll share more information about the selected routes. Stay tuned!
Anything in particular that I should pack?
- It will be cold! Wear layers – warm jackets, thick socks, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended, in addition to headlamps or flashlights for the walks. You may also want to bring a camera and journal to capture the weekend’s activities!
I want to place my food order, how can I do that?
- First off, great decision! To order your grazing lunchbox for Saturday, please visit this page. For Sea State’s dinner offerings, please order your food items here!
- Don’t forget to sign up for Nicole’s special nourishing breakfast bar available on Sunday the 23rd.
I’d like to order a DoWalk book, where can I do that?
- If you’re interested in purchasing a book – and we highly recommend that you do! – you’ll be able to buy a copy of Do Walk at check-in! Your book order will be charged to your room reservation as an add-on!