Vice President – Hotel Operations & New Openings
We are seeking a Vice President of Hotel Operations & New Openings for oversight of our upscale outdoor hospitality brand, including properties in Santa Barbara, Sonoma, and new locations opening in late 2018 and early 2019.
AutoCamp has revolutionized alternative lodging by blending the traditional outdoor experience with the service- and design-forward thinking of a boutique hotel. Our properties feature upscale amenities such as spa-inspired bathrooms, luxurious linens and bath products, complimentary bicycles, and award-winning, modern Clubhouses. AutoCamp properties have recently been featured on the cover of Sunset Magazine, Los Angeles Magazine, and Oprah Magazine.
You currently have Corporate or Regional hotel operations responsibility, and definitely have experience personally leading new openings.
At AutoCamp, you’ll lead the operations team, will be responsible for new openings, building and recruiting property teams, as well as coaching property level General Managers on delivering memorable guest experiences while keeping the numbers “up and to the right.”
The position reports directly to the CEO and is based out of our office in San Francisco. Regular travel will be required to AutoCamp’s current and future properties.
- Recruit, Interview, Select and train General Managers and oversee hotel staff hiring.
- Lead new hotel openings including hiring, training, and task-force agendas.
- Set goals and objectives for General Managers and hotel staff.
- As part of our senior leadership team, help establish direction and strategy for future growth.
- Organize, refine, and implement Standard Operating Procedures and Brand Standards across all properties.
- Oversee Rate, Revenue and Yield Management strategies for Hotel properties. Utilize software to streamline process as needed.
- Assist with creating and establishing a positive team culture throughout the company and at the hotel properties.
- Ensure that team members are properly trained and are executing exceptional, delightful, memorable, and personalized service for each and every guest.
- Oversee Asset Management function for hotel properties.
- Negotiate contracts and select vendors that will provide optimum value and quality.
- Oversee portfolio-wide Hotel Software Suite including Property Management System, Booking Software, Telephone/Sales, CRM, and Point of Sale (POS).
- Review actual versus budgeted revenues and expenses monthly with each General Manager.
- Monitor and help reduce payroll expense by increasing team member efficiency and optimizing staffing.
- Provide General Managers with guidance on Human Resources issues.
- Collaborate and execute on annual sales plan in conjunction with Marketing and Finance Teams.
- Collaborate and execute on Guest Experience initiatives with Marketing Team, including Merchandise and Retail Sales, Food and Beverage, Events, and onsite Programming/Activities.
- Execute regular inspections to ensure standards being met.
- Minimum 5 years of kicking butt in Regional/ Multi-property hotel operations role. Preference for recent Corporate, Regional or Multi-property management experience.
- Senior leadership role in planning at least 2 new openings and/or conversions.
- You are energetic, creative, entrepreneurial, detail oriented, and focused on building systems.
- Passion for hospitality, design, numbers, and the great outdoors.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and directing an efficient effective team.
- Strong preference for experience with Premier Luxury, Boutique, or independent brands.
- Experience in forecasting, budget preparation, and cost control.
- Good understanding of Uniform Charts of Accounts and hotel industry standard accounting practices.
- Ability to analyze property financial results and implement improvements with property teams.
- Ability to lead revenue management efforts.
- Ability to travel regularly to conduct site visits, meet with General Managers and meet with company leadership.
- Well versed in all aspects of hotel software, including PMS, CRS, CRM, POS. Experience with Stay in Touch a plus!
- Proficient with the usual suspects… Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, and Google Apps.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of Automobile insurance required. You can’t bicycle to our properties… yet!
- Highly competitive salary, excellent benefit plan
- Based out of San Francisco / Bay Area
- Relocation expenses paid by Company
- Health insurance and wellness benefits
- Generous Holiday/PTO
- AutoCamp Adventure Days
- Fun and friendly environment of dreamers and doers!
We’d love to hear from you. Please reply here or email HR@autocamp.com with both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience.
Resumes received without a cover letter will be used as campfire kindling – please include a cover letter. Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you soon.