Senior Project Manager
Join the Design & Construction Team of the Coolest Outdoor Hotel Company
Senior Project Manager
Full Time (San Francisco)
Do you love to create delight through design and attention to detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the Design & Construction team of our fun and fast-paced boutique hotel development firm in San Francisco. AutoCamp has revolutionized alternative lodging by blending the traditional outdoor experience with the service and design-forward thinking of a boutique hotel. With current locations in both Santa Barbara and Russian River, AutoCamp is rapidly growing, and you will be helping us build out our newest locations. AutoCamp properties have recently been featured on the cover of Sunset Magazine, Los Angeles Magazine, and Oprah Magazine.
You have proven hands-on project management experience successfully leading design and construction teams from concept through construction, on time and on budget. You love planning and successfully executing unique projects. You have strong construction and/or design knowledge, are skilled at developing budgets, schedule management, and building and maintaining relationships. Experience on projects with significant site & utility work is a plus.
At AutoCamp, you will lead new projects from team assembly and conceptual planning through construction and close out. You will be a critical part of the growth of our Design & Construction team as we position ourselves for a major rollout of new projects in the coming years.
The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Design & Construction in San Francisco. Regular travel will be required to AutoCamp’s current and future properties.
- Lead all project management activities at various sites locally, regionally, or nationally as needed – don’t forget your hard hat!
- Assist in potential new site acquisition and evaluation, including: due diligence, interaction with local jurisdictions, design concept development, initial budgeting and cost estimating, and all pre-close activities.
- Manage & implement execution of renovation and ground-up projects including: programming, design, entitlements, cost estimating, scheduling, consultant selection, design team management, bidding & contractor selection, permitting, site improvements, construction, FF&E management, close out, and financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and project status reports.
- Develop & manage project budget – including hard costs and soft costs – and firm knowledge of construction cost/benefit analysis.
- Assemble & manage required teams of consultants and contractors.
- Negotiate contracts with each team member
- Interface with management, property staff, designers, contractors, and vendors
- Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met. Additional site supervision will be supplemented as needed.
- Assist Design & Construction team in the establishment and refinement of lessons learned and best practices.
- Assist in training other support staff team members
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in managing design and construction of multiple projects.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Urban Planning or related field preferred
- Other beneficial Licenses or Accreditations: AIA, PE, PMP, LEED AP, etc.
- Experience with multiple elements of projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, construction management, FF&E coordination & installation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional manner and computer literacy. Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent skills in understanding architectural drawings & specifications.
- Ability to be a creative problem solver and think outside the box.
- Competitive salary
- Based out of San Francisco / Bay Area
- Health insurance and wellness benefits
- Generous Holiday/PTO
- AutoCamp Adventure Days
- Fun and friendly environment of dreamers and doers!
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience and salary requirements. Resumes without a cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.