Operations Manager (San Francisco)
We are seeking an Operations Manager to assist with oversight of daily operations and project management in our upscale outdoor hospitality brand, with properties in Santa Barbara, Sonoma, and new locations opening in late 2018 and early 2019.
AutoCamp has revolutionized alternative lodging by blending the traditional outdoor experience with the service- and design-forward thinking of a boutique hotel. Our properties feature upscale amenities such as spa-inspired bathrooms, luxurious linens and bath products, complimentary bicycles, and award-winning, modern Clubhouses. AutoCamp properties have recently been featured on the cover of Sunset Magazine, Los Angeles Magazine, and Oprah Magazine.
You currently have General Manager. AGM or Full-Service Department Head responsibility, and three years previous experience in hotel operations. Previous experience with hotel openings preferred.
At AutoCamp, you’ll assist the operations teams across a wide spectrum, will play a lead role with the on the ground efforts for our new openings, be responsible for implementing new technology, and assist with a variety of projects.
The position reports directly to the VP Operations and is based out of our office in San Francisco. Regular travel will be required to AutoCamp’s current and future properties.
- Work with General Managers to insure standards are in place and are being followed
- In conjunction with the Senior VP Operations, lead on the ground start up efforts at new properties.
- Help insure technology solutions are in place and operating correctly.
- Help create, refine, and implement Standard Operating Procedures and Brand Standards across all properties.
- Participate in overseeing Rate, Revenue and Yield Management strategies for Hotel properties.
- Assist with creating and establishing a positive team culture throughout the company and at the AutoCamp properties.
- Ensure that team members are properly trained and are executing exceptional, delightful, memorable, and personalized service for each and every guest.
- Lead special projects, research purchases and programs
- Collaborate and execute on Guest Experience initiatives with Marketing and Accounting Teams,
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure standards being met.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Hotel Operations, including 1 year at the General Manager or AGM level (or equivalent experience as a department head in a full-service hotel).
- You are energetic, creative, entrepreneurial and detail oriented
- Passion for hospitality and the great outdoors
- Ability to work independently and get stuff done.
- Proven experience training and coaching teams
- Strong preference for experience with Premier Luxury, Boutique, or independent brands.
- Experience with general hotel accounting and inventory systems
- Ability to travel regularly to conduct site visits, meet with General Managers and vendors.
- Experience creating and managing hotel food programs and beverage and supply chains a plus.
- Well versed in all aspects of hotel software, including PMS, CRS, CRM, POS. Experience with Stay N Touch a plus!
- Proficient with the usual suspects… Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, and Google Apps.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of Automobile insurance required. You can’t bicycle to our properties… yet!
- Competitive salary, excellent benefit plan
- Based in San Francisco
- Health insurance and wellness benefits
- Generous Holiday/PTO
- AutoCamp Adventure Days
- Fun and friendly environment of dreamers and doers!
We’d love to hear from you. Please reply here or email HR@autocamp.com with both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience.
Resumes received without a cover letter will be used as campfire kindling – please include a cover letter. Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you soon.