We’re Hiring: Part-time Handy Person (Russian River)
Do you love the outdoors? Do you think Airstreams are cool? AutoCamp Russian River may be right for you!
As a Handy-Person for AutoCamp, you will play an important role in accomplishing general repairs and maintenance of AutoCamp Russian River. This is a part-time position that may have varying hours, depending on the workload for any given week. You will be another set of eyes and ears for all of the guest units, lodging, and common areas, as well as assisting with other maintenance issues that arise on the property. This position may require an “on-call” status for emergencies and the ability to work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary. This position will report directly to the Head of Maintenance.
You love to finish a project with pride. You love to help others. You are a natural “Go-to” person. This position will report directly to the Head of Maintenance. You love working with others as much as working independently.
- Care for grounds – don’t forget walkways and paths!
- Complete repair, maintenance, and engineering activities
- No one likes garbage, but someone has to do it, daily
- Weed, water, fertilize, prune, and care for planted areas under supervision – no experience required
- Identify and correct or report hazardous conditions
- You are safety minded and look out for guests as well as fellow workers
- Make minor repairs to facilities or equipment – Trailers need love too!
- Continue our preventative maintenance program as required, properly submitting & completing work orders on time
- You love to “Get ‘er done”
- You are not afraid to use, or be taught proper use of, power tools, hand tools & common sense
- Maintain working spaces in safe and clean condition – because it’s the right thing to do
- Help to coordinate repairs and any occasional outside labor through management and/or supervisor
- Clean and maintain storage, shop, and non-guest facilities – because “Cleanliness is next to Godliness!”
- Empty guest trash and recycle receptacles regularly
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Maintenance, Assistant or General Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- General familiarity with plumbing, painting, electrical, interior/ exterior lighting and watering systems.
- Able to repair tables, chairs, doors, windows, or anything else that is broken – not a master of any trade, but a person who enjoys figuring things out.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Use of Google Suite (will train) & Internet.
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail. You are neat and organized.
- Must have license and clean driving record and a background check is required.
- Positive attitude and hard work ethic.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, bend, stoop, sit, walk.
To apply for this position, please CUT and PASTE your resume and cover letter into your email and address it to Mark@AutoCamp.com.
We are an attachment-free zone! If you include an attachment, there’s an excellent chance it will be used for kindling in one of our many fire pits located throughout the property.