We’re Hiring! General Manager – Part Time (Santa Barbara)
Do you love to create delight through service and attention to detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
We are seeking a General Manager for AutoCamp Santa Barbara to oversee all operations of our 6-unit Airstream hotel downtown. AutoCamp has recently been featured on the covers of Sunset Magazine and Los Angeles Magazine, in addition to headlining the 2017 Dwell on Design show.
This position will play a key role in managing the location that started it all, and delivering memorable guest experiences while keeping the numbers “up and to the right.”
Because there are only 6 units at this location, the position is half-time, 20 hrs/week. On-site housing in an Airstream may be available as part of compensation.
- Respond to and accommodate guest inquiries, questions, and special requests
- Lead the weekly Operations Update Meeting for the property
- Set and update room rates based on occupancy targets
- Manage and confirm reservations received from Online Travel Agencies
- Confirm daily housekeeping schedule with Housekeeping/Reservations and coordinate pick-up and delivery of laundry with Laundry Vendor
- Respond to reviews on Trip Advisor, Yelp, and Google
- Complete or delegate all maintenance issues on property
- Walkthroughs of units and property to ensure quality.
- Organize and pay invoices; order supplies
- Complete Monthly Expense Report for property
- Create monthly Revenue Report.
- Create annual operating budget with CFO
- Coordinate marketing and press in conjunction with VP of Marketing.
- At least 5 years experience in the hospitality industry. Previous GM experience is a plus, but not required.
- Please love hospitality, design, numbers, and the great outdoors.
- Ability to handle daily maintenance, finances, utilities, and accommodations to ensure daily upkeep of property, so that guests tell their friends how awesome it was.
- Exceptional organization skills, written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with the usual suspects… Word, Excel, Gmail, and Google Applications.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of Automobile insurance
- Have a positive, can-do attitude… otherwise our optimism will annoy you!
- Competitive salary
- On-site housing if required
- Flexible Holiday/PTO plan
- Top consideration for GM roles at future properties
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience and salary requirements. Resumes without a cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!