General Manager – AutoCamp Yosemite
We are seeking a General Manager to open and oversee the operations of our newest property– AutoCamp Yosemite. Opening in late 2018, AutoCamp Yosemite is an exciting property featuring custom-made, luxury airstream trailers, chic cabins and luxury tents. We are bringing a brand-new lodging experience to the Yosemite area.
AutoCamp has revolutionized alternative lodging by blending the traditional outdoor experience with the service- and design-forward thinking of a boutique hotel. Our properties feature upscale amenities such as spa-inspired bathrooms, luxurious linens and bath products, complimentary bicycles, and award-winning, modern Clubhouses. AutoCamp properties have recently been featured on the cover of Sunset Magazine, Los Angeles Magazine, and Oprah Magazine.
You have a minimum of 3 years of experience at the General Manager level, with a demonstrated ability to hire, motivate and lead a team. You should enjoy the hands-on, high guest contact part of the business as much as you do driving revenue, creating excellent guest and employee experiences and driving great bottom line results.
At AutoCamp, you’ll be the leader of our newest and largest property. You will play a key part in building the property, hiring the opening team, managing the pre-opening process and setting the stage for a successful property.
The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President Operations. Occasional travel to our San Francisco BaseCamp (headquarters) and other locations is required.
- Hire, train and motivate the staff
- Oversee all daily operations of AutoCamp Yosemite, with focus on guest and employee satisfaction.
- Manage budget and expense control to achieve property financial objectives
- Partner with SVP and ROM to analyze forecasts and develop marketing and revenue strategies.
- Meet and greet customers daily, resolving any guest satisfaction issues which might arise.
- Respond to online (review sites) and other guest comments
- Keep and maintain financial records, ensure accurate posting of accounts payable.
- Supervise and direct management team and supervisors, oversee property staffing for budget compliance
- Assist with creating and establishing a positive team culture throughout the company.
- Ensure that team members are properly trained and are executing exceptional, delightful, memorable, and personalized service for each and every guest.
- Conduct daily inspections of property and services to ensure standards are being met.
- Order supplies, ensure that inventory and par levels are correctly maintained.
- Collaborate and execute on Guest Experience initiatives with Marketing and Accounting Teams,
- Ensure that a safe work environment is in place, inspected and maintained.
- Maintain vendor relations, source new vendors where needed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Hotel Operations, including 3 years at the General Manager level.
- You are energetic, creative, entrepreneurial and detail oriented
- Passion for hospitality and the great outdoors
- Ability to work independently and get it done.
- Proven experience training and coaching teams
- Strong preference for experience with Premier Luxury, Boutique, or independent brands.
- Experience with general hotel accounting and inventory systems
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience creating and managing hotel food & beverage programs and supply chains a plus.
- Well versed in all aspects of hotel software, including PMS, CRS, CRM, POS. Experience with Stay N Touch a plus!
- Proficient with the usual suspects… Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, and Google Apps.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of Automobile insurance required. You can’t bicycle to our properties… yet!
- Competitive salary, excellent benefit plan
- Health insurance and Wellness Benefits
- Generous Holiday/PTO
- AutoCamp Adventure Days
- Fun and friendly environment of dreamers and doers!
We’d love to hear from you. Please reply here or email HR@autocamp.com with both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience.
Resumes received without a cover letter will be used as campfire kindling – please include a cover letter. Thank you – we look forward to hearing from you soon.