Exclusive Firefall Experience with REI
DAILY, FEBRUARY 19-22, 2020
Itinerary is subject to slight changes based on group preferences, weather, and possible traffic.
11:00 am: Convene in the AutoCamp Yosemite Clubhouse to be picked up by your REI guide and driven to Yosemite National Park
12:00 pm: Park at Valley Visitor’s Center and walk to Lower Yosemite Falls for a guide-prepared picnic lunch with a view
1:30 pm: After lunch, you will take some time to explore the Visitor’s Center & Ansel Adams Gallery
3:00 pm: Next, you’ll make your way over to the viewing spot. Guests will hike up to 5 miles on a paved path to the optimum viewing point for the Firefall
4:30 pm: Arrive at the Firefall viewing point, get situated, and sip on some hot beverages provided by your guide. Your guide, Matt, will also share his best photography tips & tricks. Matt is a professional photographer who guides trips year-round in Yosemite
7:00 pm: After the event, your group will make your way back to the vehicle and return to AutoCamp Yosemite
8:00 – 9:00 pm: Return to AutoCamp Yosemite – dependant on actual departure time and traffic
To reserve your tour and reservation, give our team a call at (877) 404-8355. Space is limited and we expect to fill up quickly!
- The actual Firefall is not guaranteed as it is weather dependent.
- There are no private or secluded viewpoints of the falls and guests should expect a crowd.
- Weather is expected to be chilly and guests should expect to be standing for up to 1-2.5 hours once you arrive at the viewpoint. REI will provide collapsible chairs.
- REI will be providing hand warmers, hot beverages, and soup but all guests need to make sure they’re dressed for the cold. Weather appropriate layered clothing – Baselayers, an insulating mid-layer, and a shell are the best way to stay warm. A fleece or ‘puffy’ jacket, a fleece hat, and gloves are highly recommended.
- Once at the viewing point, your guide, Matt, will also share his best photography tips & tricks. Matt is a professional photographer who guides trips year-round in Yosemite
- Roundtrip transportation from AutoCamp Yosemite
- A full day of programming in the park with a professional REI guide and photographer
- Exploration/narrative on the Yosemite Valley lead by your experienced guide
- Use of REI gear (daypack and chair)
- Carefully prepared lunch, snacks, and dinner