Do Walk x AutoCamp Cape Cod
A weekend of walking and wellness with Libby DeLana
Header image courtesy of @littleoutdoorgiants
November 5-7th, 2021 // Event for AutoCamp guests
Mark you calendars for a weekend of wellness and walking with author and award-winning creative, Libby DeLana. With the signal of changing seasons in the crisp ocean air and colorful foliage, we invite you to join us in the outdoors for rejuvenating moments of connection to people and place. Plus, with fresh, sustainable seafood from Cape Cod’s family-operated Sea State, special guests from our local nonprofit partner The 300 Committee Land Trust, and mindfulness offerings from our friends at innerglow yoga, the festivities are sure to offer a well-rounded experience that invigorates all aspects of life that are good for the soul.
pc: Michael Piazza
An overview of the weekend’s happenings:
Friday, November 5th
- 4:00pm – Check-In // Your cozy, modern Airstream or suite awaits (& don’t forget to purchase your Do Walk book at the front desk!).
- 6:00pm – Gather at the Clubhouse // We’ll kick off the weekend with a welcome discussion and happy hour – be sure to bring your book for Libby to sign, as well as your favorite beverage to enjoy! For convenience you may purchase a variety of non-alcoholic options from our General Store or, for any alcoholic beverages, check out our friends at West Falmouth Market and browse their excellent wine selection.
- 7:00pm – Music & Mingling // Let the sounds of live tunes from local musician Shannon Davis be the backdrop to connecting with those around you. Stay for as long as you’d like!
Saturday, November 6th
- 6:00am – Early Bird Walk // Libby will guide morning warriors on a walk before sun-up; if you’re not an early riser, there will be other walks – we invite you to join in on as many as you’d like! (Insider tip: it’ll be dark – bring a headlamp or flashlight – and be sure to wear warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes.)
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Some complimentary offerings will be available at the Clubhouse, such as coffee, tea, and granola, in addition to heartier options available for purchase at our Clubhouse Cafe and General Store.
- 9:00am – Yoga // Stretch your limbs and tune inward with yoga and mindfulness, led by our local friends from innerglow yoga. Join us on the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse!
- 10:00am – Late Morning Walk // Libby will host a second walk for the day, accompanied by members of The 300 Committee Land Trust; soak up the scenes while learning about local conservation efforts.
- 1:30-5:30pm – Sea State Foods Pop-Up + Fireside Chat // Jenny and Partick Ross will be offering up their fresh, local seafood, including raw bar items and seafood stew. Sea State sustainably raises their oysters locally – just 20 minutes from AutoCamp! – and supplies are limited! Don’t miss out on enjoying a plate of these seasonal New England treats! **Be sure to place your pre-order for pickup at the link below (in the FAQs).
- 2:00pm – Meditation // Take time and unwind with some gentle movement and meditation with Lynn Bucher and our friends at innerglow yoga before enjoying the rest of your relaxing evening.
- 4:00-5:00pm – Fireside Chat // Feel free to bring your delicious Sea State goodies over to the communal fire pit and cozy up for a fruitful discussion with Libby. Topics will focus on navigating mind, body, and earth through the gratitude practice of #ThisMorningWalk. Members of The 300 Committee Land Trust will also be in attendance to discuss how we can work together to protect and defend wild places.
- 7:00pm – Music & Mingling // Come back to the Clubhouse – don’t forget to bring your favorite drink – and let the sounds of live tunes from local musician Shannon Davis be the backdrop to connecting with those around you. Stay for as long as you’d like!
Sunday, November 7th
*As a reminder, the time changes this Sunday – hooray for an “extra hour.”
- 6:00am – Early Bird Walk // Cap off the weekend with a final walk with Libby, and jumpstart your own personal practice of continuing to enjoy daily walks. While the time change will mean that it’ll be a little brighter out than Saturday’s walk, please still be prepared with a headlamp and warm gear!
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Complimentary offerings will once again be available at the Clubhouse, as well as our items for purchase at our Clubhouse Cafe and General Store.
- 9:00am – Yoga // Enjoy a final stretch with our friends at innerglow, allowing yourself to seal in all the weekend’s restoration. Practice will be followed by meditation, and this restorative session will take place on the 2nd floor of the Clubhouse.
- 11:00am – Check-out // Say your goodbyes and choose your ideal Sunday afternoon, whether that means strolling to the beach, signing up for a guided bike tour, or heading home!
So, what’s next? Book your Airstream, fill out the form below to tell us if you want a Do Walk book waiting for you at the Clubhouse, pre-order your food options, and invite your friends! It’s going to be an unforgettable weekend, and we look forward to welcoming you to AutoCamp Cape Cod for a weekend of much needed relaxation and rejuvenation. See you next month!
Do I have to stay at AutoCamp to partake in the festivities?
- Yes, this is a private event to our AutoCamp guests who are staying on property during Nov. 5th – Nov. 7th.
Is this free to guests?
- Yes! The weekend’s activities are included in the AutoCamp amenity fee.
How long are the walks?
- While the three morning walks are subject to change, each route will be about 2.5-3 miles roundtrip. All paths are directly accessible to AutoCamp Cape Cod via the Shining Sea Bike Path, and total walking time will be around 1-1.5 hours depending on the group pace and any stopping points. Prior to check-in, we’ll share more information about the selected routes which are managed by our partner The 300 Committee Land Trust. Stay tuned!
Anything in particular that I should pack?
- Layers are advised, especially if opting into the Early Bird Walks. Warm jackets, thick socks, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended, in addition to headlamps or flashlights for the walks. You may also want to bring a camera and journal to capture the weekend’s activities!
I want to place my food order, how can I do that?
- First off, great decision! To order your oysters, lobster rolls, and other goodies: visit this page.
I’d like to order a DoWalk book, where can I do that?
- If you’re interested in ordering a book – and we highly recommend that you you add one to your booking as soon as possible! – please fill out this interest form as supplies are limited. During your AutoCamp check-in, you’ll be able to pick up your book at our front desk.
- Please note, we will not be able to ship books, this form just ensures we have a copy in your name waiting for you to pick up at check-in. Your book order will be charged to your room reservation as an add-on.