Desert Walk Weekend With Libby DeLana
A weekend of walking & appreciating the diversity of the desert
April 15-17, 2022 // Weekend Festivities for AutoCamp Guests
As festival season draws crowds, immerse yourself in the serenity of the desert with author and award-winning creative, Libby DeLana, for a different pace. As a popular AutoCamp host and partner, Libby’s weekends have been a crowd favorite in Cape Cod. We’re excited to welcome her to the West Coast for a weekend of wellness, walking, and community.
Join in on recharging and reveling in the beauty of Joshua Tree’s desert mystique. Libby will be hosting brisk sunrise walks in the Joshua Tree National Park, as well as leading conversations focused on walking practice, gratitude, and other themes. Walking routes will follow recommendations from our nonprofit partner, Mojave Desert Land Trust.
Refresh in our new Clubhouse pool and sip on some nourishing mocktail CBD beverages provided by our friends at Vybes as well as their curated playlists. Kick back in the evenings and enjoy live music under the stars. All of the following programs are complimentary to AutoCamp guests.
Let’s “meet” our wellness aficionado:
Libby DeLana- Author and award-winning creative, Libby inspires all to find gratitude through a simple, yet natural practice of walking. In her stunning book, Do Walk, Libby outlines her own journey of walking every day for the past 10 years. While at AutoCamp Joshua Tree, Libby will be hosting and guiding guests on morning walks along various surrounding paths, including trails in the national park. Her book will be available for purchase in our General Store, and there will be opportunities for book signings and in-depth discussions to explore themes and topics beyond the Do Walk pages.
Here’s an overview of the weekend’s festivities:
Friday, April 15th:
- 4:00pm – Check-In // Your modern Airstream or Suite awaits (& don’t forget to purchase your Do Walk book at the front desk)!
- 5:00-6:30pm – Gather at the Clubhouse // We’ll kick off the weekend with a welcome discussion and happy hour – bring your favorite beverage to enjoy! Libby will be available to sign copies of Do Walk, and she will preview additional exciting topics of the weekend! For convenience you may purchase a variety beverage options from our General Store.
- 7:00-9:00pm – Music & Mingling // Let the sounds of live tunes from local musician Rosa Pullman be the backdrop to connecting with those around you. Take in the star-studded sky and get to know your fellow AutoCampers!
Saturday, April 16th:
- 6:00am – Early Bird Walk // Libby will guide morning warriors on a walk before sun-up! (Insider tip: it’ll be dark – bring a headlamp or flashlight – and be sure to wear warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes.) Please be sure to visit this link to reserve a spot for every walk you plan on attending.
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Some complimentary offerings will be available at the Clubhouse, such as coffee, tea, and granola, in addition to heartier options available for purchase at our General Store and Clubhouse Cafe.
- 10:00am – Morning Vinyasa Yoga // Join us in the Mojave dome for a session of mindfulness and light movement, guided by instructors from local studio, Untamed Yoga. All experience levels are welcome!
- 1:30-4:30pm – Poolside Tasting with Vybes // Soak up the afternoon sunshine by the seasonal pool with beverage partner Vybes. Sip on some of Vybes’ CBD and adaptogenic drinks and enjoy the desert vistas, making for a refreshing Saturday soiree!
- 5:30-6:30pm – Full Pink Moon Yoga Meditation // Enjoy the stunning beauty of the full pink moon through a guided yoga and meditation session hosted by Untamed Yoga. Get ready to set your intentions and revel in this astronomical phenomenon.
- 7:00-9:00pm – Music & Mingling // Stick around the Clubhouse, bring your favorite drink, and let the sounds of live tunes from local Rick Shelley be the backdrop to connecting with those around you, stay for as long as you’d like!
Sunday, April 17th:
- 6:00am – Early Bird Walk // Cap off the weekend with a final walk with Libby, and jumpstart your own personal practice of continuing to enjoy daily walks. Please still be prepared with a headlamp and warm gear!
- 7:00-10:00am – Breakfast // Complimentary offerings will once again be available at the Clubhouse, as well as our items for purchase at our General Store and Clubhouse Cafe.
- 10:00am – Morning Vinyasa Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation // Join us in the Mojave dome for a session of mindfulness and light movement, guided by instructors from local studio, Untamed Yoga. All experience levels are welcome!
- 11:00am – Check-out // Say your goodbyes and choose your ideal Sunday afternoon, whether that means returning to the park, exploring the local mom & pop shops downtown, or heading home!
So, what’s next? Book your Airstream, visit our experiences page to preview the activities and reserve your spot for the walks! It’s going to be an unforgettable weekend, and we look forward to welcoming you to AutoCamp Joshua Tree for a weekend of much needed relaxation and rejuvenation. See you soon!
Do I have to stay at AutoCamp to partake in the festivities?
- Yes, these offerings are only open to AutoCamp guests who are staying on property during April 15th-17th, 2022.
Is this free to guests? Do I need to sign up for the activities?
- Most of the weekend’s activities are included in the AutoCamp amenity fee; however, additional experiences may require advanced reservation and/or an extra cost. To view all programming and reserve + pay for your spot, please visit our experience page here.
How long are the walks?
- While the three morning walks are subject to change, each route will be about 3-5 miles roundtrip. Paths will follow recommendations from Mojave Desert Land Trust, and last about 1.5 hours+ depending on the group pace and any stopping points. Please note that some walks may take place in Joshua Tree National Park, and you will need to purchase a National Parks Pass for each vehicle. Stay tuned for more walk route details!
Anything in particular that I should pack?
- The desert offers a diverse climate, potentially getting chilly in the mornings and evenings, while hot during the day! Pack layers and check out Libby’s packing list for Early Bird Walks: jackets, thick socks, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended, in addition to headlamps or flashlights. You may also want to bring a camera and journal to capture the weekend’s activities!
I’d like to order a DoWalk book, where can I do that?
- If you’re interested in purchasing a book – and we highly recommend that you do! – you’ll be able to buy a copy of Do Walk at check-in!